The Spa - Terms and conditions
Paws Etc. reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
All Pets must be on a lead or in a carrier when entering the salon. Even if your pet is well trained off the lead we kindly ask that they are kept on a lead when entering the store and salon for safety purposes.
If you have forgotten your lead, please ask a member of the team so we can provide one for you to borrow to get your pet in and out of the car and salon safely.
Please ensure that your pet has been relieved before they enter the salon, this ensures they are comfortable throughout the groom.
We kindly ask that you endeavour to arrive for your scheduled appointment on time but no sooner than 10mins before the start of the groom.
We like to ask for at least 1 hour for bath and brushes and between 1-3 hours for a full groom depending on the breed and size.
If you are late dropping your pet off or showing up early to pick your pet up. This may take the groomer longer to finish the groom as your pet will need to settle down before we can continue. This then sets us back throughout the rest of the day. We polity ask that you do not turn up 10 minutes before the scheduled drop off or pick up time but no more than 15 minutes late to drop off or pick up.
We want to ensure grooming is enjoyable as possible for your pet which means we will not rush our grooms and we may give breaks on occasions where your pet is elderly or getting stressed. We will not keep your pets here any longer than needed if they are getting stressed and uncomfortable.
All pets must be bathed in our salon so we can ensure their coat has been cleaned thoroughly and prepped properly ready to be groomed.
(There is no discount to dogs being bathed at home).
A professional bath, brush and blow dry with only natural products is carried out with every grooming appointment.
We always try our very best to groom your pet to the style and length of your choice.
If for any reason you would like us to tweak your pet’s haircut, please contact us within 48 hours and we will correct any issues with no charge (excludes bath and depending on availability).
We recommend waiting 2 weeks after the 2nd vaccination before booking a puppy into the salon.
We will not groom any dog that is listed or crossed with any dog under the Dangerous Dog Act 1991.
Full grooms will be £10 extra an hour if your pets require more than one groomer e.g. aggressive, big or elderly etc.
During busy periods (especially Christmas) we will ask for a deposit to secure your booking
If you have any enquiries about our services or would like to make a booking please contact: 01628 617642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Making an appointment reserves that space for your pet, but when someone cancels last minutes or does not show up for the scheduled appointment not only do we lose money but we could have gave that appointment slot to another customer.
Everyone can run into problems sometimes, us included but because of our tight schedule we kindly ask that all changes or cancellations of your pets appointment within 24hours is to be made over the phone.
The Spa @ Paws Etc. only use natural products on your dog, no harmful chemicals.
We understand some of our customers have their own products, our team is more than happy to use these when provided (for example If your pet suffers skin allergies).
You must inform your groomer of any medical conditions so that we can ensure your pet will be comfortable enough to carry out the groom.
Our salon has air con and heating so that your pet is always comfortable. We do not use drying cabinets.
All pets in our care are towel and hand dried. We always put the welfare of the pets first therefore if your pet comes in matted please read our matting policy.
We have the right to refuse any pet which shows aggressive behavior towards our stylists and other pets within our care, this also includes pets that are physically unt to be groomed.
Any Complaints regarding pet grooming need to be made within 48 hours to first the groomer who cared for your pet and then to the salon manager.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late to your appointment, you will lose your slot and be liable to pay for 50% of the groom price.
- If you do not collect your pets on time you will incur a £5 boarding charge for every 30 minutes over the collection time.
- Please ensure that you have given your pets the opportunity to relieve themselves before their grooming appointment.
- All double-coated breeds (German Shepherds, Huskies and Golden Retrievers) will not be clipped unless clipped previously or advised by the vets. If your pet’s coat is matted, we will discuss clipping your pet.
- You must inform the grooming team of any medical or behavioural condition that your pet may have upon booking the appointment. We have the right to refuse any pet that is not medically or mentally t to be groomed
- All pets left in the salon are at the owner’s risk and we will not be liable for any loss of personal items.
- We recommend that puppies wait two weeks after their last vaccination before booking a puppy groom.
- We do not groom any dog that is or crossed with any dog breeds currently on the Dangerous Dog’s Act 1991.
- The team have the right to refuse to groom any pet or customer without reason.
- As seen in the matting policy we will add a matting charge on top of the full groom price wherever it is deemed necessary.
- If for any reason two groomers are needed to carry out a groom on your pet, an extra charge of £10 will be added on top of the grooming price.
- Any pet that is pregnant or still in milk will not be groomed in the salon.
- Owners must inform the grooming team if their bitch is in season at the time of their groom.
- We have the right to refuse any pet infested with parasites (e.g. ticks, lice, mites and fleas). If your pet is found to have fleas during the groom an additional charge will be added to the grooming price.
- We have the right to muzzle any pet that displays aggressive behaviours to staff members or other pets within the salon. If we feel like your pet is too aggressive, we have the right to refuse and will not book any future appointments.
- Please ensure that you have insured your pet as we will not accept any responsibility for any loss, injury, death or illness suffered by your pet whilst in our care.
- During busy periods, especially December, all customers will be asked to pay a deposit to secure bookings.
- Any complaints regarding The Spa @ Paws Etc. must be directed to the salon manager.